Whiterose Designs by Debra

Make Your Style Standout

Monday, February 14, 2011

Sewing Room Progress

Why do things take so long to get done?  I am the type of person that when I decide to get something done, I want it done "NOW" !  But I am learning to be more patient and in the process it is allowing me to get more organized with the design that I want to accomplish and finish.


But here is the new "Iron Away" system in the wall.  I am in LOVE with it.  It will allow me to be more professionally organized, and keep things like the ironing of the client's garments when done or even pressing things out while sewing to get the best effect.  For those of you that do not have such a system in their wall, I have to say, I am impressed and it will be such a nice addition to my room. 


Another wonderful addition to my room is "Molly", my new dress form mannequin.  For those that have the traditional dress form, you know how important they are to your finished clothes.  My husband wanted me to have one that would provide not only a nice looking dress form to the room, but as I told him, I needed something that would also have the flexibility for other sizes of different client's.  Here is the link: http://www.fabulousfit.com/  to the dress form that I purchased, as they have several different types as well as even tips on making the best of your dress form.  I just love "Molly" as she is going to be so very important to my dressmaking.  Notice she will be dressed for all occasions, and for now, she is ready to go out on the town.

I also included a necklace I designed, so it will give customers the appearance that I do not leave out detail.  I truly enjoy my hobbies, and don't consider them work, but for me it's total satisfaction seeing my creations complete. 

The box against the wall is the leaning mirror I will be utilizing so customers will have a full view of their garments as I am measuring and making adjustments.  I cannot wait for the next section of work to be completed, as this weekend will be full of accomplishment.  My son is taking advantage of the three day weekend and will be so very busy for me.  So look for more updates as we get it all put together and finally I can feel like my life is back together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment